Once Upon A Midnight Eerie
Book 2 of The Misadventures of Edgar and Allan Poe by Gordon McAlpine
“I liked The Tell-Tale Start a lot. I like Once Upon a Midnight Eerie even more. Good characters, good plotting – a good adventure, and a lot of fun.”
–Tony Hudtz, T.V. and audio book director
In The Tell-Tale Start, Edgar and Allan Poe (great-great-great-great-grandnephews of the legendary Edgar Allan Poe) managed to outwit the nefarious Professor S. Pangborn Perry, who was (and is) determined to kill just one of them in order to prove a mad scientific theory. Now, the boys are in New Orleans, about to play the young Poe in a major feature film. But the role may cost them their lives, because someone else now wants them dead. But who? And can the twins – with the help of their co-stars, Em and Milly Dickinson, their ghostly forebear, and a pair of real ghosts – manage to outwit them?
1. The Poe twins list Albert Einstein, Leonardo DaVinci, and Donald Duck as their role models. If you had to choose one or more people from history as your role models, who would they be and why?
2. Among all the old grave markers in the Saint Louis Cemetery, what first attracts Edgar and Allan’s attention to the resting place of Monsieur and Madame Du Valier?
3. How are the twin sisters Em and Milly Dickinson different from one another?
4. Why are Cassandra and her grandmother out to kill Edgar and Allan?
5. Why did the pirate Pierre Lafitte kill Monsieur and Madame Du Valier?
6. To conceal his treasure, Pierre Lafitte uses anagrams of the name “William Shakespeare”. Make an anagram out of your name or the name of a friend.
7. Why does being transferred to the Animal Languages Department make life so difficult for Mr. Poe?
8. Why do the Poe twins rush out of the movie’s wrap party when they see the make-up woman holding her Chihuahua and the script supervisor holding her Cavalier King Charles spaniel?
9. Why do the Du Valiers hang around the cemetery for a few days, even after the Poe and Dickinson twins have exposed their murderer to the public to set them free to go to the “next world”?
10. If you discovered a lost pirate treasure what charities would you donate part of it to?
For more information visit: The-poes.com